Considerations for the Future!

I, and other bridge lovers, have been distressed by the recent happenings on the local scene. Bobby and I have loved the excitement of life in Vegas (which is now over eleven years) despite the complaints of the heat. That is why air conditioning in homes, cars, casinos, restaurants, markets and other locales are so popular. Every problem has a solution.

We both came from active, thriving bridge communities .. Bobby from Dallas and I from Philadelphia. No one needs to remind any of us that bridge is a very competitive activity and with the rapidly deteriorating economy, the situation is slipping vigorously in a downhill direction as evidenced by worsening attendance at clubs and tournaments. Sadly, it has become a dog-eat-dog scenario caused by unwise (and possibly unilateral) decisions of earlier hotshots deemed to be in charge. In recent years, the friction between our district and unit has become more evident with constantly changing slates which is not all bad if their primary interests are not deluded by self-interest, ego and politics.

Although we only play duplicate bi-weekly, news travels fast throughout the community about ploys to distract their members to keep them loyal. Early on, we tested the waters of the various clubs and I must confess the handling of the players and methods of ruling and judging obvious violations (either because of favoritism or lack of knowledge of the staff) gave us no choice but to move on. Incidents such as allowing the officially printed election candidate list to be tampered with, revised and posted on the club pillars (possibly resulting in the change of the expected results of a major unit election) and playing favoritism to ‘regulars’ relating to huddles and allowing unethical information to be overlooked .. we found UNBELIEVABLE! Some clubs (to survive) will do anything to keep their customers. With one (or possibly two exceptions) … that is the way it is. Oh, and lest we forget, we learned that when a two-day special 299er event was being held to attract more newbies to the fold, one of the clubs offered free plays on that day/s if they did not attend. That is not only poor sportsmanship but to me falls into the category of PURE GREED and disparagement of what bridge is all about.

Believe it or not, the above were merely ‘side issues’ that have distressed many Las Vegan bridge players. As far back as I can recall, there were always doubts by the members questioning who had the authority to make decisions for the Unit AND whether these decisions/contracts had to be approved by the UNIT Board. However, what I am about to focus upon (at least to me and dozens of others locals) resides in a category of and unto itself. I don’t know the individual/s responsible (nor does it matter as long as we don’t have a Repeat Performance) … but how can anyone be so stupid, uneducated, unknowledgeable, uninformed, indifferent. and out of touch to designate October 3rd. 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th as the LV Sectional being held once again at The Boy Scout locale far past the popular, easily accessible Las Vegas Strip. The site itself is quite comfortable but for visitors who fly to Vegas for bridge as well as gambling and to enjoy the famous entertainers at the prime hotels … the travel time, effort and inconvenience are not conducive to dragging themselves here to find themselves in the hinterlands. However, in all fairness, the handling (or possible neglect) of contracting with more conveniently located sites may have placed us in this untenable position.

BUT WAIT. Don’t hang up! I HAVE NOT ARRIVED AT THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS BLOG: PRAY TELL … who on earth was responsible for not confirming that anything conflicted with our tournament dates (October 3rd through the 7th)? APPARENTLY … NO ONE … UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE. How could it NOT be of primary concern to clear those dates … and unless blind … see in living color that sundown on Sunday, October 2nd (a Sunday) and continuing on MONDAY AND TUESDAY (the 3rd and 4th) are the SACRED DAYS OF ROSH HASHANAH (also known as the High Holidays) where most Jewish people observe either at home or their local synagogues and temples. ALL EVENT DATES should be checked out on the computer or calendar beforehand to verify that no potential conflicts exist. I know the current Unit Board headed by Bob LaFleur and many very dedicated individuals, including JoAnn Sprung and Ed Matulis (Co-chairs of the upcoming Sectional) have been very involved.. The previous Unit Board suffered countless conflicts as doubts were raised as to whether many of the decisions were made and put into force independently or with Board approval … which made for much bad blood (including resignations of a few who wanted no part of it). JoAnn’s and Ed’s efforts also included proposals for major changes in the by-laws and other constructive recommendations which will be voted upon at our next meeting in August; BUT someone has a responsibility to get to the bottom of the disrespectful oversight to assure there is no recurrence. How would other sects react to major local events being held on Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Christmas Eve … whenever and whatever … which customarily are either religious or ‘family’ days … a tradition which has been time-honored and observed for centuries? Bridge has overstepped its bounds and encroached upon the practices of other equally entitled groups.

Does anyone know by whose authority these ‘dates’ are legally determined? Unit? District? BOD? ACBL? I would like to get a definitive answer from someone-in-the-know. Decision making authorization comes from somewhere! Who is endowed with that power?

In the interest of the future of our once-great game (where Las Vegas a few decades ago was one of the leading tournament sites in the country), please take heed of our local predicament/s. To resume the continuance of our earlier success and survival of bridge in our area, we must band together to get our administration back on track because it will necessitate all the help, cooperation and guidance it can garner!!

Sadly,
JKW

AlanJuly 25th, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Thanks for speaking up. Few would have the guts.

Judy Kay-WolffJuly 25th, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Alan:

I may be short on brains .. but I don't believe in hiding one's feelings. I am not a religious individual although I was raised in an observant family. That is not what this was all about … but rather the namby-pamby manner in which it was handled .. with such indifference .. as if to say .. Big Deal!

I had not marked the dates of the Sectional on my calendar so I was not aware of the issue until two of my bridge buddies approached me … beginning with ….. "Isn't it awful …….???" Yet, being involved for so many years .. nothing shocks me. I did hear the Unit Board tried .. but to no avail .. because it was too near kickoff time.

However, to be forewarned is to be forearmed!

SartayJuly 26th, 2016 at 5:05 am

Although I’m not a bridge player, I take an interest in the game and so was dismayed to learn that the Rosh Hashanah holiday was not given priority in the tournament schedule.

Your points are valid. In my experience it’s mandatory to work around major holidays when planning events attended by large numbers — the holiday calendar is typically one of the first considerations.

It should be expected that every effort will be made to revise the dates, and hopefully that happens with success. It would be a shame to allow the tournament to interfere with such a significant holiday.

Judy Kay-WolffJuly 26th, 2016 at 5:12 am

Hi Sartay,

Welcome aboard. Thanks for sympathizing with our plight. Changing the date is just not gonna happen. However, it will serve as a reminder to future planners to check these things out. Bear in mind it is a five day tournament and the stay-at-homers are expected to appear in full regalia from Wednesday through Friday. Some consolation!.

Thanks for writing. It is rare when a non-bridge player responds on this site and I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts.

Jane AJuly 26th, 2016 at 12:57 pm

When I was involved in chairing sectionals in the Midwest, one thing that was important when picking dates was not to overlap with tournaments being held within a certain distance of our area. I was not part of the date selection process so I don’t know what consideration was given to religious holidays. It makes sense that major religious holidays should be looked at however. One thing I find weird is that the fall national is held over the Thanksgiving holiday. Never made any sense to me as Thanksgiving is so important to many of us. Religious holidays are just as important, of course.

Judy Kay-WolffJuly 26th, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Hi Jane,

I guess you can classify the difference of views to the trite expression … different strokes for different folks. I suppose it is generated by one’s upbringing. I envision the celebration of the Pilgrims’ arrival here .. giving thanks for future prosperity and thankfulness for a better way of life.

Jane, as I see it, tournaments draw people (especially the active working class) as the custom here in November is to give time off on both Thursday and Friday to enable a four day weekend for people to travel. I don’t view Thanksgiving in a religious sense .. But rather a celebration of accomplishment. Thus, to me, it differentiates it from a religious holiday where reverence is involved.

Jane AJuly 26th, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Yes, from a reverence standpoint I agree, but I consider Thanksgiving a chance for families and good friends to get together because there are days off from school and in the work environment. I think lots of things need to be considered when scheduling tournaments, and I have long felt there are too many as it is. I realize that is a separate topic!

In reading past posts regarding the fall national, I saw many players say they don’t attend this event because it is over the Thanksgiving holiday. Maybe enough don’t care to continue to hold it at that time, but it seems like with attendance dropping at most tournament events, it should become more important to look at the calendar and consider everything that could prevent a good turnout from happening. Guess it remains to be seem what will happen with our little sectional.

Judy Kay-WolffJuly 26th, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Hi again, Jane:

I write from a completely different perspective than others. For me, it is a case of ‘been there, done that!’ Although I miss seeing old friends, the thought of the packing, travel, security checks et al. discourage the thought of vacationing to upcoming Nationals. Local ones are fine and of course we support them (despite many glitches we gave experienced).

So much has changed. It is not the same game and the administration has many different objectives. It is hard to stomach some of the ugly remarks I read on certain sites .. especially from those who don’t have a clue. Today, everyone is an expert about everything. Just ask them. Apropos that subject, there is a big brouhaha about the seeding of the recent NABC team game. There again .. everyone has something to say. How Bobby’s decades of experience in that realm has qualified him to understand the fairest way to have handled it is just a waste of breath. As I see it, the general administration has succumbed to business people taking over — perhaps good in the general business world .. but scarcely qualified to make high powered bridge decisions. From what I have observed … it is about money, egos and politics. Bridge has dropped to second place.

Nothing shocks me these days. It is synonymous with Go Fight City Hall. I am grateful for a wonderful sixty years of thrills, excitement and world travel. I suppose it is time I just sat back and smelled the roses. Easier said than done!

P. S. Bobby just explained to me (from earlier experiences) that many groups (for the reasons you gave) don’t sign up conventions at that time. Thus, bridge organizations get (what he calls) Sweetheart Deals conducive to booking those dates! Amazing what one can learn from one who knows!!

Jane AJuly 26th, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Yep, I figured there was a reason. When I was in Kansas City, we started a regional between Xmas and New Years. We got a fantastic deal at a downtown hotel in a big shopping complex and it was great. No one ever had to leave the complex as there were a number of nice eating places within walking distance completely inside. The rooms were really nice and affordable. You are right however. That was in the past and I don’t think we shall get back what we used to have.

Janis LilieJuly 27th, 2016 at 2:03 am

I am saddened by the lack of consideration for the Jewish bridge players by planning a sectional starting on the High Holidays. This happened many years ago in Austin, Texas, but they were able to change the starting date. I hope that this unit will be as considerate and will make sure that this never happens again.

Judy Kay-WolffJuly 27th, 2016 at 2:09 am

Hi Janis:

Thanks for sharing. Your success was admirable. Sadly, by the time the word was spread, it was too late to do anything about it. It may well take its toll on Monday and Tuesday, but hopefully the last three days should have the regulars returning.

Hope you and Harold are enjoying the Nationals. Do well!

Howard Bigot-JohnsonJuly 27th, 2016 at 7:51 pm

Hello there again
And yes if anyone wants rock solid, pure unadulterated evidence to support the claim that the world of bridge is truly bizarre , then your article does the job.
Farce , chaos and insanity are all there in abundance, for onlookers to sit and stare in utter disbelief.
Thankfully you still have many happy memories of those earlier years ( to fall back on ) when governing bodies were in safe hands , allowing bridge to be played by real gentlemen and ladies.

Judy Kay-WolffJuly 27th, 2016 at 11:20 pm

Hi HBJ,

Sadly there are not many of us old-timers still around with happy memories .. respecting not only the game, its intrigue, our fabulous superstars (honorable, of course) and the educated and experienced administrators (most of whom were good players in their own right and rendered decisions to enable the game to approach the splendor it deserves)!!!

The more I read, the more resounding is the disbelief in what has been happening. I am the biggest fan of BBO and still sincerely believe it is the greatest contribution to the game of bridge. Kudos to Fred and his staff for the umpteenth time. However, to broach another subject, it is hard for me to fathom sponsors on viewgraph/BBO making egregious errors for the world to witness. I am embarrassed when I commit a booboo at a duplicate (and believe me, I plead guilty often) — be it miniscule or huge .. even though Bobby may be the only one aware of it. I suppose everyone has different standards and sometimes it proves .. the less you know — the better! Not really a big consolation from my viewpoint but what you don't know .. won't hurt you.

Yes, we share treasured memories of the 'good old days" — each in our own realm. Sadly, the game has changed drastically (much for the better — but some for the worse). Bobby still puts his best foot forward not only in real life at the bridge table — but trying to guide his readers on Aces on Bridge in the right direction. We need more like him to encourage the future bridge lovers and teach them to uphold the high standards for which our majestic game was meant to represent! HBJ, we may be in the minority .. but we will always share its unique beauty and try to champion its high moral fibre! Thanks for speaking out (as usual)!!!

JKW

Mac KennedyJuly 28th, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Several things Judy
1 Why are we running a Sectional Mon-Fri? This may have been discussed but I don’t recollect.
2 With regard to Easter in my early days of playing this game I spent every Easter in Toronto at the Regional. In those days it was “Toronto the good” nothing was open Friday or Sunday except the Royal York and a few restaurants and there was no alcohol service. I believe San Diego also has had a Regional every Easter for many years.
3 I do recollect a Cornwall Ontario Sectional many years ago where the Sunday Swiss started early to allow our Jewish players from Ottawa and Montreal to return home prior to sunset. They played a side game for the Catholics and Protestants which ironically I won.
4 Regarding favoritism in adjudicating violations, I have returned to bridge after a long hiatus work, family relocation to another country kept me busy and for most of the time there was no computer outlet, thanks Fred et al and have resumed playing and directing. Since I am so new to both endeavors I don’t really know shall we say politely “who is who” and all my rulings are predicated on advice given to me many years ago by an Ottawa Director friend of yours. So far I haven’t lost any players to another venue and my rulings and explanations, yes several times I have talked to people after the session or even the next time I saw them to provide more details on why I ruled in a certain way, have been appreciated.

Judy Kay-WolffJuly 29th, 2016 at 2:25 pm

Hi Mac,

I cannot answer your first question. WHAT I AM TRYING TO ASCERTAIN IS WHO DECIDES THE DATES OF AVAILABILITY. Someone must know. THEY DON’T pick themselves!

MY MEMORIES OF STAN TENCH are warm ones. What has become of him? Happily I am enjoying life after a hectic tournament run. I don’t like what I see, hear or read about. Bridge is just not the same. It has gotten out of hand and some of what I have learned is a huge embarrassment and demeaning to the game.

Sorry to be so negative … but it is what it is!

Mac KennedyJuly 29th, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Stan is alive and well and living in Ottawa. Happily retired from both directing and his senior executive job in the federal government. He still plays in the local tournaments and travels a bit. His wife Barbara is on Facebook and has a good picture as her profile. Until the next time Talking Stick Scottsdale/Phoenix maybe.

Judy Kay-WolffJuly 29th, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Hi Mac,

Hearing good news about the people I once knew and respected (especially that they are still alive) is a welcome news flash! The super directors of yore were what attracted me to the game .. with both warm sides and the charm and savior faire to make the newbies feel comfortable and ‘wanted’! I remember them well! If you are ever in touch with Stan, send him our best.

SamJuly 31st, 2016 at 6:06 am

It is amazing what short memories administrators have. I suppose no one wants to own up to the responsibility of not checking out those dates. But, because of your much needed rant, the same situation may not recur!

It is difficult to believe Las Vegas has lost its allure … once being one of the most popular tournament sites in the country. We use to count the minutes till the plane took off! It is sad indeed. Alas, no more.

Judy Kay-WolffJuly 31st, 2016 at 6:30 am

Hi Sam,

So much has changed universally over the years. First and foremost — just observe what has happened to our economy here in the States. It is so expensive and inconvenient to travel .. and especially air transportation with mandatory security checks which are bothersome. I think another reason that LV has fallen from grace is that gambling is now accessible in many cities and also the Internet and it's play-at-home convenience has discouraged once-avid regulars from burdensome travel and additional costs particularly with such escalated entry fees … especially at the Nationals.

Also, casino bridge sites were enticing but we are not so welcome nowadays (with earlier much cheaper room accommodations) as the guests spend many hours playing two sessions and devote less time to losing their money at the gaming tables.

I think we are the victims of changing times and am curious as to the attendance at the almost-concluded National held in Washington, D. C. I am certain the numbers will be available soon

It really creates food for thought!

Judy Kay-WolffAugust 3rd, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Never a dull moment! It appears at the moment that Unit and District problems are not the only issue of major concern. The bridge topic of the day is the dilly dallying with the deliberately tampered-with scores from a team game (in Denver, I believe) which could affect international competition/representation in Wroclaw, Poland .. coming up in October. Check it out as it is about to be posted.

Nelson OrthAugust 3rd, 2016 at 10:54 pm

OPEN LETTER FOR ALL MEMBERS OF UNIT 373

By now all members should have received a copy of the new proposed by-laws. Voting to approve or reject these by-laws will take place at Bridge World on August 28 at the scheduled Unit Game.

While there are some changes that have merit, I have three major concerns about these new by-laws.

1. Article X permits voting for the election of new board members by electronic means. I question the viability of this change since the process and details are not outlined. I know the world is changing, especially in the area of electronic technology. But to go from paper ballots to an all electronic system in one full swoop, without any testing, is a risk I cannot support.

2. Article XIII outlines the procedures to initiate the removal proceedings of a board member. A single board member can initiate a removal proceeding by himself or herself. Yet if a member wishes to initiate a removal proceeding, that member must start a petition and obtain the signatures of 15% of the entire membership to initiate the removal proceedings. I consider this Article to be bias and elitist. Why should a member be held to a higher standard than a board member.

3. Article VI states that no proxy voting is allowed. To be fair this was also the stated policy in the previous by-laws. What this means is that only those who play in the August 28 Unit Game or make a special trip to come to Bridge World to vote will decide whether these new by-laws pass or fail. There are approximately 750 members in our Unit, which means about 80 to 100 members will decide the fate of these new by-laws. What about those who are on vacation, or who are ill, or have children/grandchildren visiting? Shouldn’t their voices be heard?

Obviously you know how I plan to vote. But I ask those of you planning to attend the August 28 Unit Game not to rely on my word. Read the new by-laws, ask questions of board members, and discuss these and other issues with other friends and bridge players. This is an important vote, and I believe it is incumbent on all of us to protect the best interests of the entire membership.

Judy Kay-WolffAugust 3rd, 2016 at 11:03 pm

WOW, Nelson:

That's a mouthful. I am not familiar with the actual proposed changes, but will check them out. Since earlier episodes over the last few years, we have been careful to stay clear of these situations. Both Bobby and I have been involved in bridge administration for over six decades. As they say .. been there, done that!! Time to call it a day!

Obviously, America's current economic status is a huge deterrent .. especially for travelling. Hope all gets resolved and the LV unit enjoys future peace and tranquility and our tournaments are restored to their earlier place in the sun.

Bob LafleurAugust 4th, 2016 at 6:01 pm

It is most unfortunate that our October Las Vegas Sectional conflicts with the Jewish High Holidays. My life partner, both of my grandmothers, and the majority of my friends are Jewish so there should be no question about my respect for Judaism. The tournament had already been scheduled when most, if not all, of the current board members were seated. We will take pains to insure a similar mistake will not happen again. In defense of whoever scheduled the October sectional, I could not find Jewish holidays listed on electronic calendars from Microsoft, Google, or Apple.

In the course of this discussion a few questions have been raised about tournament scheduling which I would like to address. The ACBL maintains a master calendar which units may use when seeking a date for a tournament. Among the considerations, particularly in Las Vegas, are conflicting tournaments in areas we draw from, the availability of playing space, and conventions or special events in Las Vegas which would drive up hotel room rates. We also try to avoid scheduling tournaments close to Nationals west of the Mississippi. Once our Unit selects a date, we apply for a sanction. I don’t know all the criteria they use, but both District 17 and ACBL both must approve the schedule before the tournament is sanctioned.

A further question was raised about why our sectionals are typically Monday to Friday. Historically bridge players worked during the week and played bridge tournaments on weekends. Now most ACBL members are retired so the weekday tournaments work just fine. In most locations hotels cater to business travelers and have empty rooms and lower rates on weekends. Las Vegas is just the opposite. Every weekend the town fills up, hotel room prices skyrocket, and bridge attendance plummets.

Bob LafleurAugust 4th, 2016 at 6:23 pm

This is in response to Nelson Orth’s concerns about the proposed bylaw revisions.

Article X.
There were issues surrounding the legitimacy of our last election and e-voting should remove most or all of those problems. In addition e-voting should be less costly and might get more people to vote.

Currently ACBL uses an electronic voting service for Board of Directors, Board of Governors, etc. elections. We tested the same election service earlier this year and found it easy to use. Methods will be implemented to enable e-voting for those members who do not have computers.

Specifying the e-voting specifics would require bylaw changes whenever the technology changes.

Article XIII
Currently there are no provisions in the bylaws for unit members to initiate the removal of a Board of Directors member. This provision extends to the membership, the ability to initiate the process and thus is more democratic. Were each unit member able to initiate the removal process, every board meeting could be taken up with removal petitions. Any member of the unit need only convince one BOD member to initiate a removal process, but if that doesn’t work, he would now have a second means to that end.

Article VI.
As was pointed out this is the current bylaws and was not changed. In fact my grandson will be visiting and I will not be playing but will come to vote. The revisions were focused on problems that had surfaced. The squeaky wheel principal applies. For the future, we should look closely at e-voting for bylaw revisions as well.

A lot of time and effort went into these revisions. I believe they will improve the functioning of the Unit. Whatever happens, we will learn from and attempt to improve as we go forward.

JoAnn SprungAugust 4th, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Nelson thank you for expressing your concerns regarding the new Unit 373 bylaws. By coming forward with your concerns we are able to respond and address them publicly. There are a lot of unfounded rumors going around that the board is trying to “pull a fast one” on the Unit.

I welcome the opportunity to clarify any issues and address your concerns.

First any questions regarding the revisions can be sent to me at josprung@gmail.com or call me on 215 990-7147.

I would like to provide some information regarding the development of the bylaws, the committee’s mission as directed by the board and ACBL regulations.

The impetus for the bylaw revisions came from the desire to allow for electronic voting. More on that later. As we proceeded, the committee was guided by the wishes of the board and ACBL limitations/requirements. It is important to note that the board was consulted every step of the way with a final unanimous approval of the new version.

Regarding your concerns:

1. Article X – The last election was mired in controversy. Issues related to the continuance of an appointed Director, initial refusal to allow absentee ballots followed by accusations of unfair campaign practices and ballot stuffing. After the board was forced to permit absentee ballots the information to that effect was not distributed to the membership at large due to “concerns that there would be ballot stuffing”. Subsequently complaints were filed with the District and ACBL.

The actual and manpower cost of preparing, printing, mailing and tracking the paper ballots exceeded $1000. A number of our members who travel frequently or are simply out of town in November and December complained bitterly that they were not able to vote while, in some cases, locals were given replacement ballots upon request.

I estimate that fewer than 35% of our Unit membership actually voted.

Electronic voting has been in use by the ACBL for League business including Hall of Fame elections for years with great success. It will allow anyone with an email address to vote from anywhere in the world. Currently fewer than 10% of our membership have not provided an email address. We are working to assist anyone who wishes to obtain one. The voting is private and secure. It is impossible for anyone to vote twice. We have and continue to offer assistance to anyone who does not currently have an email. Alternatives are available for those without an email but it is expensive so the board will have to make that decision.

Of note is that the new bylaws do not require e-voting they just added the possibility for alternative methods to paper ballots.

2. Article XIII – First and foremost I would like to emphasize that the current bylaws do not have any way for a regular member to initiate removal proceedings. If a member believes that a board member has acted improperly there is no path aside from sending a request to the board which may or may not be considered. The current board believes that is unacceptable so we added a pathway for the membership to initiate proceedings.

If there were no minimum threshold to such a request the board could be conducting removal hearings anytime a member got annoyed with one board member. Given our history that could be a weekly occurrence. Therefore a realistically attainable petition threshold was established.

3. Proxy voting – The ACBL bylaws do not permit proxy voting at membership meetings where such weighty issues like bylaw revisions are considered. We do not have the option to deviate from the league in this matter. Standard practice for such votes are a show of hands or, more commonly, a standing vote.

While the proposed bylaws may not be perfect they do address a number of issues related to increased protection of member interests. Specific additions prohibit any board member to enter into a contract or commit funds in excess of $500 without full board approval. Also prohibited is the possibility of one board member holding several positions such as President and Tournament chair to sign two places on a contract.

It is our hope that these revisions will be approved by the membership.

Judy Kay-WolffAugust 4th, 2016 at 8:02 pm

To Nelson, Bob and JoAnn:

Thanks to all of you for clarifying your thoughts, leanings and the reasons therefor! Your efforts and suggestions are a great start toward Unifying the Unit — with one goal in mind: Happy members and visitors and comfortable, convenient and affordable locales.

It is a far cry from unilateral (and often dysfunctional) decisions made in years past and putting our heads together is admirable!

Thanks to one and all.